Why Solar Panels in Australia Are the Smartest Investment You’ll Ever Make
Want to never spend a dollar on power bills again while simultaneously reducing your impact on the environment? In recent years the benefits of solar energy are becoming more common knowledge. As the world is moving towards a future that minimises our contribution to climate change, solar panels are a heated topic of discussion. In this article, we’re going to outline why solar panels are the smartest investment you’ll ever make.
In a nutshell, solar energy is power generated from the sun by converting sun rays into energy. The light from the sun contains heated molecules which can be captured and used to power common household appliances without the need of external energy such as coal. Substituting the need for coal is incredibly beneficial for the environment. As the world is gradually moving towards a greener future, renewable energy sources are taking the spotlight in political discussions regarding sustainable development.
Types of Solar Power
There are two (2) major types of solar energy. They are the photovoltaic solar energy and the solar thermal energy. In a nutshell the difference between them is:
- Photovoltaic Solar Power
When solar energy is converted into electricity for man’s use, it is referred to as Photovoltaic solar energy. It involves the use of a semiconductor that absorbs sunlight energy and converts it to solar energy through certain processes. The solar energy produced is harmless to man and is very useful and efficient in powering homes and devices of all types. In summary, the photovoltaic solar energy converts the energy from the sun to electrical energy through solar panels and inverters in homes and offices. This process produces cleaner and more efficient energy.
- Solar thermal Energy/concentrated solar power
This type of solar energy is also called antiquity. It involves concentrating the rays of the sun on a single point to obtain its maximum pressure. In simpler words, this type of solar energy is converted for primary use through mechanical energy. It is one of the oldest methods of generating power in a home.
Why is Australia a Good Location for Solar Energy?
Because of Australia’s expansive landmass, as well as it’s harsh and unforgiving sun; it makes it an extremely viable location for farming solar energy. Although it may be expensive in the short term, in the long term the investment will pay itself off. If you’re looking for an affordable installation company in Australia, New Generation Solar has a good word of mouth. A few reasons you may consider contacting them are:
- For an alternative source of energy for household appliances.
- Powering transportation, e.g. solar powered cars and trains.
- Powering heavy machines and other equipment.
Solar energy: Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Solar energy
- Solar energy is a renewable source of energy. In simpler words, it doesn’t expire or get depleted.
- You have the potential to never pay an energy bill again.
- It’s extremely beneficial for the environment, especially in light of climate change.
Disadvantages of Solar energy
- Depending on what you are powering, an average solar panel and its accessories could consume much space.
- Solar panels depend on the intensity of the sun’s rays to charge. Hence, if there is bad weather, the panels are affected.
- Depending on the type of panels and inverters you are using, setting up your home to be solar powered can be expensive.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Solar energy is one form of electricity generation that is growing popular across different nations and continents. Using solar energy contributes to the plan of reducing pollution in your environment and saving the costs of paying exorbitant light bills. If you have any more questions regarding solar energy, leave a comment and we’ll answer your queries as soon as we can.